Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to and are to be incorporated in all contracts for supply of The Virtual Hive’s services.
A copy of the terms and conditions will be included within your client welcome pack along with a client booking form. Your client booking form will be required to be signed and returned for The Virtual Hive to keep on file, prior to project commencement. By signing the Booking Form, you are indicating your acceptance of the terms and conditions. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- Before work commences on the client’s behalf The Virtual Hive requires a completed and signed Booking Form. The Booking Form outlines the work required, delivery method, agreed timescale, price quotation and payment terms, which when signed indicate the client’s acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. If the client’s original requirements change, The Virtual Hive reserves the right after discussion with the client to amend the original quotation. If, on receipt of the assignment, it is found to differ significantly from the information originally provided, The Virtual Hive reserves the right, after consultation with the client, to submit an amended quotation. The Virtual Hive will accept this confirmation/authorisation by return of the Booking Form via email.
- Where applicable for new clients, 50% of the estimated costs set out in the booking form are to be paid in advance with the balance/full payment to be paid strictly within 14 days of completion of the assignment. If the bank returns a cheque, the client will be responsible for all bank charges resulting from the returned cheque.
- Receipt and delivery of work can be online, by post, courier, hard copy, or email attachment, Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all incoming and outgoing files, emails, CDs and memory sticks are scanned for viruses (using continually updated anti-virus and firewall protection software) no guarantee can be provided. It remains the final responsibility of the client to ensure that they have their own computer virus protection in place. All incoming emails and files will be scanned. However, even after scanning The Virtual Hive reserves the right not to open any unsolicited attachments to emails or emails containing no message alongside an attachment and reserves the right to delete/return these without opening.
- All original materials sent to The Virtual Hive remain the property of the client and will be returned to the client on completion of the assignment unless the client instructs otherwise. It is not possible to insure clients' property therefore clients must make copies of all data and information and insure equipment and items for use away from their own premises prior to giving them to The Virtual Hive. Postal or courier costs incurred by The Virtual Hive when returning any hard-copy materials/assignments are to be borne by the client. Any information requested to be held by The Virtual Hive on behalf of a client will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please see our privacy notice for more information.
- While every effort is made to protect data within The Virtual Hives possession. The Virtual Hive cannot be held responsible for any theft, loss or damage to data or equipment relating to projects or tasks, during transit to/from and within its premises.
- Back-up copies of client files are kept for a period of one year only. After that time, they will be deleted, unless otherwise agreed with the client.
- It is recommended original documents be sent via a traceable method of delivery, either by Post Office Special Delivery or Courier.
- The Virtual Hive will not take responsibility for any client material which has been provided that contravenes copyright, plagiarism or Data Protection laws. The Virtual Hive will not be held liable for any contravention and retains the right to reject any assignment it believes to be illegal, immoral or objectionable or considered by The Virtual Hive to be beyond their skill set.
- The Virtual Hive will not be held liable for the misuse of any completed assignment after despatch to the client. The sole responsibility for its use lies with the client at all times.
- All work is proofread and checked prior to dispatch to the client. Final proof reading and checking of all work submitted is the responsibility of the client. The Virtual Hive accepts no responsibility for errors found after submission but will correct any found by the client within a reasonable time scale. If errors are found in the work, they will be rectified free of charge but they must be notified within 48 hours of receipt of the completed work or within 10 days for work of more than 3000 words. Should any errors be found in the work, The Virtual Hive will be liable for the cost of correcting the work only – no further liability is acknowledged. Amendments or alterations, as requested by the client, will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
- The Virtual Hive is not responsible for the end use of any document it produces or edits. The client remains solely responsible for its appropriate use, including abiding by any copyright, plagiarism and Data Protection laws and any publishing requirements. The Virtual Hive is not responsible for the content of any document supplied to them. The client should not pass off plagiarised material as their own original work. The Virtual Hive will assume no responsibility for any plagiarised material supplied by The Virtual Hive client and reserves the right to return the work should they become aware of such inappropriate use.
- All assignments are generally processed within 48-72 hours unless otherwise agreed with the client. A 20% surcharge may be applicable for work specifically requested by the client to be carried out at weekends or statutory holidays.
- In the event the client gives The Virtual Hive written notice of cancellation, for whatever reason, of an order on which work has already begun, the client will pay The Virtual Hive the full contractual amount of the price quoted or as subsequently amended, for the portion completed and 50% for that not completed.
- If by any reason of any event of force majeure The Virtual Hive shall be delayed in or prevented from undertaking any assignment on behalf of a client, then such delay or prevention from undertaking any assignment shall not be deemed to be a breach of these Terms & Conditions by The Virtual Hive and no loss or damage shall be claimed by the client by reason thereof. The expression "event of force majeure" shall mean and include any event which prevents or hinders The Virtual Hive from complying with its obligations under these Terms & Conditions which is beyond its reasonable control including but without limitation, strikes, lockouts, labour disputes, industrial action of any kind, acts of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of equipment, plant or machinery, fire, flood or storm.
- The Virtual Hive will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of The Virtual Hive, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to a client. The Virtual Hive will protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential. This provision shall continue to be effective after the termination of any agreement. Original documents containing such information will be returned to the client on request. The Virtual Hive may not be held liable in the event that information is intercepted or used by a third party during transfer, in particular in the case of transmission by internet. Before the provision of services or at the time the signed booking from is returned to The Virtual Hive, the client is to inform The Virtual Hive of the means of transmission of sensitive information.
- We reserve any copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
- The Virtual Hive will sign non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement a client may require.
- Personal visits to The Virtual Hive premises cannot be accommodated for insurance and safety reasons.
- The Virtual Hive reserves the right to make changes to these Standard Terms from time to time which the client will be notified of the client in due course.
- The Virtual Hive will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly in connection with the performance or delivery of the contract and cannot accept any compensation claim that is the result of consequential loss to your business. By accepting these terms, you fully agree to indemnify us from any such claim. Our total liability arising out of this contract shall not exceed the value of the contract and we shall not be liable to you for any further loss.
- These Terms & Conditions are to be governed by and complied in accordance with English Law whose Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT which is not applicable.
- Payment can be made by Bank Transfer or by cheque and must be made in Pounds Stirling.
- Invoices will be sent to the client via email.
- Where an hourly rate is quoted, a minimum charge, equal to 1 hour, will be applied in all cases. An invoice will be submitted on the completion of an assignment and payment is to be received no later than 14 days from the date of the invoice.
- Where The Virtual Hive is utilised on a retained basis, an invoice will be sent to the client approximately two weeks prior to each calendar month end. Invoices must be settled in full prior to the commencement of the next assignment.
- New Clients will be subject to 50% deposit payment which much be received in advance of work commencement.
- Additional Expenses including telephone calls, stationery, postage and mileage etc. are charged separately at cost price.
- All additional costs incurred in relation to an assignment will be invoiced and recharged to the client as and when they arise and are subject to immediate settlement unless otherwise agreed prior to the assignment starting – these costs include reservation deposits/cancellation fees, travel costs, couriers, etc.
- The Virtual Hive reserves the right to charge interest at 3% per month on any overdue amounts.